Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Catch up, once again

I have decided that being "up to date" on a blog is a very difficult task. That is why I am constantly playing catch up. So here it is. In the last couple of months there has definitely been tears shed, scary moments, laughter, messes, and lots of smiles. One of the scares occurred in May with Miss Kyla. As you may know, she had some intestinal issues at birth. So I have always been very wary and aware of her bowels and stomach aches. One night she was acting very uncomfortable and had not pooped all day (which is not like her). She was also not eating and there was nothing I could do to comfort her. I was sitting there holding and trying to soothe her when she puked everywhere, projectile style. It was heartbreaking as a mother to see my little girl in such discomfort. The first sign and concern was the smell and color of the vomit. It was pretty rank so I will not go into much detail. The second concern was she was not stopping. In only about 10 minutes she had already thrown up 3 times. I just knew something was wrong, so we strapped her in as gently as possible and headed up to the University of Utah. When we arrived she had thrown up many more times in the car. When we finally got her in they hooked her up to an IV to restore her hydration, then transferred her over to Primary's Children's Hospital. We should have gone there from the very beginning, but I did not think they had an emergency room. There we sat for hours with multiple doctors coming in and out. With her history they were concerned there was an abnormality or some sort of blockage. They performed many x-rays and cat scans on her. This was the hardest part for me. We have been through a lot, and have been to that hospital way too many times. However, before we just sat back and were not involved. This time I had to be in the room, holding her down to get the proper angles and shots. Looking back now, I should have walked out and told them I did not want to do it. I should have been the one comforting her. Not the one doing it to her. It was absolutely horrible. There is really no other way to describe it. In the end, she was okay. They cleaned her out, and we only had to stay one night. Now she is on some medicine (laxative) to help prevent any future back ups.
They are both enjoying the warm weather and love to go over to Grandma Tammy's and swim. I left them in the pool with Uncle Jeremy and Grandpa for one second, and when I got back they had both been dunked. I was a little nervous to do it, but they handled it well. They also love to play on the grass and did some pretty great paintings for Father's Day. I will post some pictures soon.
The biggest news is....da da da da...Mya took 4 steps yesterday!!! I am preparing myself for my world to be flipped upside down. It is not going to be long now. Today, Kyla stood up by herself. They can stand up and balance for a while if I help them up, but Kyla got up from her butt not holding onto anything. It was adorable. She does this squat thing that is so damn cute.
They are getting cuter and funnier by the day. They sit and talk to each other with their noses almost touching. They can sit there and have like a 30 minute conversation. I will try to post a video soon. They love to dance, and I think they got my moves. They are just hilarious. It is so hard to describe, but they are so funny. Everything they do has me cracking up. Just their facial expressions and the way they do things. Ask anyone. They entertain themselves and me. I just sit back and watch them all day. My life is wonderful!!

3 comments:

  1. I am glad to hear that Kyla is okay. They sound like such adorable, sweet, & fun little girls - you are a lucky one to have been blessed with them : ) And they are lucky to have a momma as beautiful (inside & out) as you.

    How are YOU doing? I hope you are enjoying the summer and maybe we could get together one of these days.

    hugs
    jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am hanging in there. I would absolutely love to get together!! Do you still have my number??

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute Cid!! Totally understand what you are going through! And you wouldn't change it for the world!:)
    Hope you're doing well!!

    ReplyDelete