Friday, March 26, 2010

Hospital Days

So I am going to play catch up for while, so bare with me. The girls were born April 15, 2009. It was a really hard pregnancy. Morning sickness which was more like all day sickness and was put on bed rest (with potty privileges). I went into labor when I was only 28 weeks along and spent the remaining 4 weeks in the hospital. I was the nurses worst patient because Kyla would not cooperate. She was a fireball, and still is. They could not keep her on the monitor, and when they finally would catch her I was terrified to move a muscle. This was very uncomfortable and made it very frustrating. I thought those days were the worst ever, but looking back on it now I miss it. I never thought I would say that when I was going through it, I wanted them out of me! But staying in an uncomfortable hospital bed, eating horrible food, and having monitors strapped to my belly 24/7 were amazing memories.
APRIL 15
When the doctors told me I was running a fever and we had to take the girls out by C-Section I was horrified. I remember crying and shaking a lot. Something about a giant white room, being strapped down, and a sheet in front you is not the most comforting scenario. Everything went great, the girls were immediately brought to the NICU, and Kyla was then transferred over to Primary's Children Hospital. Mya weighed 4 lbs 6 oz and little Kyla weighed 2 lbs 12 oz. Mya did awesome and came home 4 weeks later. Kyla had surgery the day before Mya came home (everything went great) and then came home 4 weeks after that. Having them home was the scariest thing ever! At the hospital they have all sorts of monitors and alarms if anything went wrong, at home you have nothing. They were both still so small and fragile. I swear I remember lifting up Kyla's shirt every minute just to make sure she was still breathing. It was the scariest couple of weeks of my life. They survived, and are doing great now.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Cid.. We were only in the NICU for a week with Jonnie and I thought it was longest week of my life.. I can only imagine what you must have felt! Congrats on the two adorable tiny tots.. they sound like little miracles:) Can't wait to see them this summer when we come back! We definitely need to get together and let our girls play!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you started up a blog! I love looking at your facebook pictures of your adorable family. Now we can be blogger cousins. :)

    Hope you are doing well! And I hope to see you this summer!

    xoxo, Kali

    ReplyDelete