Tuesday, April 27, 2010

PARTY!!



The girl’s first birthday theme was influenced by Dr. Seuss’s “Cat In The Hat.” Mya was ‘Thing One’ and Kyla was ‘Thing Two.’ To decide who should be which, we went off who was first born. Then when they got older they could not fight over it, it was solely based on who came out first. When you are a parent of twins, you have to think ahead like that. I can imagine it now, “Mom, why was Mya ‘Thing One?’” And now I have an answer. Now, back to the party. It was mainly immediate family other than their godparents. My sister, Tasha, did an AMAZING job with the decorations. I really think she should go into party planning and décor. It was beautiful. To see pictures go to her link http://www.flickr.com/photos/tmw715/sets/72157623761814811/.

The girls wore homemade onesies, tutus, and crowns (that didn’t stay on their heads long) all made by my sister. Mya had a big black eye from the fire place, but I thought it added a little flavor and will always be a memory. The food was great and I hope everyone had a good time. The girls got so many presents it was like Christmas all over again. They got toys, a video camera (that one was kind of for us, but to film them), life jackets, clothes, shoes, books, gift cards, pictures, dolls, and the list could go on. We are so thankful for everything and it will all go to good use. The girls loved their cupcakes, and it made a big mess of course. They both have had some practice with this during the photo shoot before, so they knew what to do and dove right in. This was the first family party I have ever had at my house, and it was pretty stressful. I think everything went well, and hope to do something like it next year!

Sorry this is so short and so postponed. I have been super busy and consumed with everything going on in my life right now. I just wanted to get something up, and maybe I will add to it later.

4 comments:

  1. oh my... how cute is that?! what a fun party! your sister really should start doing that as a business!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tasha here. The short link didn't work for me so here is the full link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/tmw715/sets/72157623761814811/.

    Thanks for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. changed the link...should work now. Thanks Tasha for the heads up!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cid I found your blog and just had to comment, it's been years, and now you have 2 beautiful girls! Holy cow! It sounds like you are doing well, crazy about your pregnancy and your girls' being born so early.... glad to hear everything's ok with them.
    Anyway feel free to stop by my blog.... just leave your email address and I'll add ya :)
    Oh and by the way, what a way cute bday party you had for them, so creative!

    ReplyDelete